Saturday, May 29, 2010

Logan the Reader

Logan had a range of tests done over the past month. He tested a grade or two above average in everything except reading. Logan's reading level is that of a child in the 10th grade. The school psychologist had never tested a child this gifted (and she was in her late 50's I'd say). Needless to say, the teachers and staff at his school have requested that he be placed in the gifted program. That's our son, Logan! The smart kid and proud of it.
In case you are curious, he's reading the 3rd Percy Jackson book. There is never a day this kid isn't reading. I'm reading the books with him so he has someone to talk to about them. I'm on book 5. That's the hard part about being an avid reader at the age of 9 (or 7 and 8 for that matter), no kid your age is reading the kind of books you are.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

What a stud!
Looks like you are doing your job well :)

Rebecca said...

That is so neat! Wow- he is a smart kid. I bet he loves the gifted program. Must get it from his smart parents:)

i said...

AWESOME!

Minna and Matt Pedersen said...

Matt just read the 1st one! We are gonna have to go get the rest of them fast!!